Tuesday 24 August 2010

The first talk



At the beginning of this year (2010) I gave a series of lectures covering my take on some of the problems in our society, their likely causes and a proposal for alternatives. Based on the feedback from the talks, I've decided to alter the order in which they are presented (and probably alter or drop some of them). This talk is pretty relevant to the current set of posts and I think it provides a refreshing shock to the system (if these opinions are new to you) and so acts as a good mind opener before thinking about some of the other ideas. The plan is to drop these talks in amongst the posts, alternating between the personal soul searching and the more manifesto-like presentations. The talks include a discussion section which I'll be adding soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is a well delivered argument. I disagree, however, with the conclusion that values should be replaced by creating new stories. This appears to be hypocritical.

    ReplyDelete